About Main Street Publishing Pty Ltd
Main Street Publishing Pty Ltd ("we") provide a range of services to the dental profession globally including the publication of periodicals, informative and transactional websites, event management and advertising and marketing services. These services include but are not limited to:
- www.dentalpractice.com.au and Australasian Dental Practice magazine;
- www.oralhygiene.com.au and Oral Hygiene magazine;
- www.elaborate.com.au and eLABORATE magazine;
What kind of information do we collect and how do we collect it?
The type of personal information we collect will vary depending on the nature of your dealings with us but in general, relates to your role within the dental profession. We only collect personal information that we need for our business activities, or which is volunteered to us. In general, the type of personal information we collect and hold could include (but is not limited to) your name, practising address, contact details, email address, gender, role and standing within the dental profession and transaction details relating to your use of our products and services and any preferences you tell us about. We may collect your personal information over the internet, over the phone, when you write to us, when you attend an event or program run by us or when you participate in a survey, questionnaire, competition or other marketing campaign.
In order to access some of our services and products, you will be asked to register with us by providing us with certain information about you which we refer to as your Dental Community Account ("Account"). Your Account provides access to all of our services, hence by signing in on one of our websites, product or services, you may be automatically signed into other websites, products and services that use your Account.
How will we use or disclose your information?
Generally, we only use or disclose personal information for the primary purpose for which we have collected it, or for another related secondary purpose, unless you have provided your consent for us to use it for another purpose. We may use or disclose your personal information for the following primary purposes:
- Operating and improving our websites, products and services;
- Providing you with news and information about our products and services (including newsletters, product surveys and special offers);
- Providing you with more effective customer service;
- Enabling us to conduct customer research;
- Making our websites, services or products easier to use by eliminating the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information;
- Performing research and analysis aimed at improving our products, services and technologies;
- Displaying content and advertising that are customised to your interests, preferences and experiences;
- Sending marketing and promotional material about our products and/or services that we believe you may be interested in, including from third parties;
- Providing to entities whom we have a shareholding in;
- Conducting competitions or promotions either ourselves or by selected third parties;
- Verifying your identity;
- To allow you to sign in or otherwise access products and/or services owned by us;
- Communicating with you, including by email, mail or telephone;
- Using personal information as otherwise required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act).
Other information, including anonymous data collected via your interaction with our websites and third party sites (where we provide website analytics tools or deliver advertisements) using technologies such as cookies and web beacons (described below) may be sold or otherwise provided by us to third parties including our partners, clients and service providers for purposes including (but not limited to) data-matching, campaign analysis, selling aggregated anonymous data via advertising exchanges, conducting launch surveys, and modelling.
Event registration information
We operate event management services including the acceptance of registrations and payments on behalf of third party event organisers. By registering for an event through any of our websites or by other means, you agree to share your personal information with the organiser of the event you are registering for, whether you have entered this information directly during registration or it was retrieved from our existing records via a cookie, username and password combination or name/data matching.
Watching a video, webinar or live streaming event on any of our websites that requires "signing in" with a username and password, whether directly or via a cookie, constitutes registering for an event.
Publication of information
We operate publicly available directory services related to providers of dental services. By interacting with any of our products or services, you agree that information you provide related to your professional role in dentistry may be published on our websites including your name, gender, professional status and business/practice contact details.
What marketing communications will you receive?
As an account holder, you will receive marketing communications directly from us and from us on behalf of third parties, including by mail, email and fax.
Opting Out / Unsubscribing
If you receive communications purporting to be connected with us or our services that you believe have been sent to you other than in accordance with this policy, or in breach of any law, please contact us.
Security and Management of Your Information
We understand that the security of your personal information is important. It is our policy to ensure that all employees understand and take reasonable steps to keep personal information secure.
We also impose strict requirements of security and confidentiality on all third parties as to how they store, handle and deal with personal information.
Personal information collected by us will be stored, disclosed and processed in Australia.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies Notice
Cookies contain information that can later be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. We use the following types of cookies and other similar tracking technologies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that allow you to sign in and use our services and remember you when you sign in to secure areas of our website.
- Analytics cookies: These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our websites. Some of the tools we use only provide us with information about trends and aggregate user behaviour. Other tools we use enable us to see how each visitor engaged with our website. For example, we will be able to see what you clicked on and how you navigated through our websites. We use this information to better understand how our visitors use our websites, so that we may make the necessary improvements to enhance our visitors' experience in the future. We do not attempt to identify you with this information.
- Functionality cookies: These are used to recognise you when you return to our services and to allow us to personalise our content for you, for example, by remembering your preferences.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the content and advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We also use this information to determine the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. We may also share this anonymous information with third parties for this purpose.
- Social media cookies: We use these cookies when you connect and share our content and information using a social media sharing button or "like" button on our website to keep track of the way end-customers engage with and share our content. The social network will record that you have done this. This information may be linked to targeting/advertising activities.
Our websites may also contain electronic images known as "web beacons" - sometimes called single-pixel gifs - that may be used to assist in delivering cookies on our sites and allow us to count users who have visited those pages and to deliver co-branded services. We may use web beacons to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon, or from third parties in order to help us compile aggregated statistics regarding the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns or other operations. We prohibit web beacons on our websites from being used by third parties to collect or access your personal information.
Display of Advertisements
Many of the websites and services we offer are supported by advertising. We may display advertisements on our websites and the sites of our advertising partners. When we display online advertisements to you, we will place cookies on your computer in order to recognise your computer each time we display an advertisement. The cookies we use for advertising have an expiry date of no more than two years. We are able to compile information over time about where you, or others who are using your computer, saw and/or clicked on the advertisements we display. We use this information to make predictions about your characteristics, interests or preferences and to display targeted advertisements that we believe may be of interest to you. We may also associate this information with your visit, purchase or other activity on participating advertiser's websites in order to display targeted advertisements or to determine the effectiveness of the advertisements.
Access to Personal Information
We encourage you to self-manage your personal information with us and offer a comprehensive online interface to facilitate this. Your username and password is universal and can be used to access and manage your personal and professional information at any time across all of our online properties.
If you do not have your username and password, please contact us. We will endeavour to acknowledge your request for access within 7 days, and to provide you with access within 30 days of the date of receipt of your request. We will notify you if we consider it will take longer than 30 days to provide you with access.
Privacy Standards for Journalists
As we are in the media industry, the APPs do not apply to acts done or practices engaged in by us in the course of journalism as we are committed to other journalistic standards dealing with privacy. Specifically, in relation to our online journalism activities, we are committed to complying with the standards developed by the Australian Press Council in conjunction with its constituent members.